Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rid me of Myself, I belong to YOU.

Week 2 has come and gone.  It is amazing how it has only been 2 weeks but it feels as if we have been here 2 months...of course in a good way :)

Good news...they were able to put the boys in their own room right beside ours so that was a happy day for all of us!! The boys have enjoyed the 'freedom' of having a room and of course Mike and I are quite happy to be on our own ;)..lol...

On our day off (Monday) we went to Meissen with the boys.  We had such a great time and got to tour one of the oldest castles around called Albrechtsburg. It was so cool to wander through the halls and listen to the stories told about it.  I love historical things like that.  The boys really enjoyed seeing it and took lots of pictures.  I will post those next Sunday.  We ate lunch in the old quarters outside.  This has been one of my favorite things in Germany.  Every restaurant has a great outside area to eat at.  You sit down and a waitress comes over to you.  We all had something different to eat and were quite happy with it.  The views to look at while eating are always the best part!!  We finished the day at a few shops looking at the hand carved wood work.  Many things are hand-carved here and so detailed.  I enjoy looking at it.
 
 God has really been on the move here at the school.  Remember how I blogged last time that I wanted to have a word for each student here? Well I am seeing that come to pass quicker then I thought it would!! So cool and humbling! There was a group of 7 girls praying with me the other day and I had very vivid pictures to share with each of them about different things that they needed to hear from God. I had to stand in amazement that God would want to use me to reach into lives that need it.  He is such a faithful loving father if we just step out in obedience to what He wants.

Today we leave after the morning worship service to go to Berlin with a few other families for our day off .  We are spending the night in a Hastal. I have never been in one and can't wait to experience it!! We return late Monday night.

Each day is full of getting to know everybody in a greater way.  We have lectures that have been fantastic and a variety of fun things to do.  I have dinner chore.  It is a lot of work.  We have to get things ready for dinner then clean up afterwards and do all the dishes.  There is a kind of dishwasher but the dishes have to be cleaned before they go in. I have a team of 7 and we all work well together.  It took the first week to get them all pulling their own weight but I have 'whipped them into shape'..lol.. The cook calls me his Right hand chef..lol. I enjoy working with them all.  We are always singing and laughing as we work.  We have 1 more week of this chore then it changes to something else.

I have become an honorary Brazilian...they all think I am one because I look so much like them...which with a Portuguese grandfather I could pass as one! It is funny because they will forget and start talking to me in Portuguese...I am trying to learn a few words! My nickname has become Dani (danny) because that is what they would call me in Brazil.

This week a song we all sing and I am sure take for granted has really been birthed fresh in my heart.  It is...Lead me to the cross where your love poured down. Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down. RID me of myself, I belong to You. Lord lead me, lead me to the cross.  That is my hearts cry this summer.  I want to be RID of MYSELF and allow God to fully move as never before in and through me!!  I want to shine forth with His Glory and not get in the way.  We are so unwilling and I think afraid to fully give Him control of our lives.  We think to much and stop what He wants to do with us.  If we would understand that He has so many amazing things for us and is such a loving Father we would rise up and do incredible things for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment