Sunday, August 11, 2013

A summer to remember

We are counting down to our return to the states...less then 2 weeks of school and then a few days in Dresden to unwind then we fly.  It has been an amazing summer but we are also excited to get back and get busy!!  We have to figure out living arrangements, homeschooling and raising the rest of our support...just to name a few :)  We are enjoying every last mintue with the students and just being in Germany.

This past week was the last "normal" week for us here at the school.  We finished up different discusions and had the last of our lectures.  Friday night I helped cordinate a '50/60's rock party for our chef's birthday.  It was great.  Everyone dressed up like rockers and we had a lot of fun songs from that time period to dance to like 'Rock around the clock'.  It was so much fun. (a few pictures on FB from that night)

This new week will find us in Dresden doing outreach.  The beginning of the week will be preparation for a large festival that is held there every year.  The festival runs about 4 days and we plan to be there all of them.  We will have a large tent set up and many things going on to reach out to people.  We also will be walking all around the area striking up conversations with Germans.

I can't believe time is winding down.  It has been a summer I will never forget to be sure! How blessed I feel to have spent a summer overseas with my family.  God is so gracious to us!  The places He will take You if you are just willing to say 'yes Lord, here am I send me'!

I use to dream of hopping on an airplane and going somewhere/anywhere growing up.  I would look at planes flying by and tell myself 'someday I am going to be on those ALL the time'.  Little did I know that those dreams would become a reality as I stepped into ministry work.  The first trip I took was in 8th grade to Mexico.  I would not fly again till after marriage.  Then short-term missions work became the norm for us for about 5 years.  Kids happened and small missions trips state-side would have to do.

Last summer found me taking the longest trip by plane so far.  It was my first time to fly to Europe.   I was so excited I can't begin to explain to you the emotions involved as I climbed the plane stairs knowing that the longing as a little girl was going to be fulfilled!  So you can only imagine the pure joy I experienced when we again boarded the plane this summer.  Not only did I have my family with me but we were spending the entire summer doing what we love most.  I know this is just the beginning of a life time of travel and I can't wait to see where the journey takes us!

So many new doors have opened to us this summer.  We have been reaching out to many different pastors and leaders all around Germany and Europe.  I love how God gets you into the position He needs you to be in so He can bring the connections into your life.  We have seen this happen time and time again in our lives.  We knew that we were to be here in Germany before we came so it has been exciting to see all the different doors opening up to us.

We have such a longing to get back here as soon as we can and begin the work that has been birthed in our hearts.  We ask that you help us anyway possible.  Please know that no gift is to small.  We need everyone doing their part, together we can reach this lost and dying generations with the love of Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment