Sunday, August 4, 2013

FLY FREE

We just returned home from a week in Berlin.  We left Monday morning and stayed till Sunday.  The first 3 days was spent at a YWAM base in the heart of the city.  We hit the streets every night for outreach.  Berlin never sleeps so we were never at a loss of people to talk and pray with.  Tuesday a few of us went to help with a kids camp (I would call it VBS) It was fun.  We did a workshop and then during the picnic we face painted.  Joel got a mustache and beard (pictures on FB) so of course there was then a line of little boys who wanted the same look.  It was cute :)

Thursday-Sunday found us at a YWAM camp for older teenagers.  It was a tent camp but God had mercy on our "old" bones and our family was able to stay in a flat of a very nice German man.  He lived in a very pretty part of Berlin.  It was near the canal and had a lot of fun places to see and a great ice cream shop where you could sit outside and enjoy watching life.  The flat was at the very top of a high rise and had a balcony with an amazing view.  The second night at the flat we got to sit as a family and watch the sun set (pic on FB).  Another night the sun was shining and it started to rain.  We created a lot of fond memories this week in that part of Berlin...ok...yes we did outreach there too!!! We helped with the camp and also went to do outreach everyday into different parts of Berlin.

I was proud of our group of students that went with us.  Saturday they put on different workshops for the campers.  They came up with some very creative shops.  There was learning how to write songs, taking an idea and how to execute the drawing of it, taking junk and turning it into art, fire sticks, a drum circle, a really cool one of taking clothes and adding things to them to make them look fun and artsy and a few other ones.

I found a quote that caught my attention this week.

"She took the leap and build her wings on the way down" Kobi Yamada

This completely captures my summer...actually it captures the moment we signed our house to the market.  That day we/I took the leap.  I would described it as sky diving from an airplane.  Excited, I am soaring in the sky feeling the wind in my hair.  Looking around at the beautiful sights, taking it all in.  Is there anything more amazing then seeing the world through the eyes of a bird?

I hit the point (here in Germany) that I have to pull the parachute cord...WAIT...where is it?  I could have sworn I had put a parachute on before the plane took off...what happened?  How could I not have been better prepared for this jump?  Who will catch me before I hit the ground?  How will I be saved from this free-fall?  Sheer PANIC sets in...I can't think straight...there is no way out...I am falling...BUT then somewhere in the fear a peace begins to spread.  Small-fragile a single bud.  But slowly the bud begins to open and take root.  From deep inside I know who will catch me.  I know I will not fall nor will I hit the ground.

Instead...I WILL FLY!

I will fly with wings crafted by my creator God.  Designed by my purpose in life. Wings that will hold up to the storms that come my way. Wings made strong as I continue to fulfill all that I am to be.  All that God had planned for me when He formed me and breathed life into me.  Wings that will not let me falter nor fall.  I am free from the bondage of pass regrets, of failures, of chains that have held me grounded for far to long.

I spread my wings and fly with purpose.  Knowing I am Free!



1 comment:

  1. Praying for you daily. I am so excited to see what God continues to reveal to you.

    ReplyDelete