Sunday, July 28, 2013

I am His and He is mine!

So I didn't get to write a blog last weekend...we made friends (at this point you say 'of course you did') with a German couple and spent Sunday-my internet time-with them.  It was a lot of fun!  We ate cake in their garden then we had some good pizza and a night of sharing our hearts. We spent the next day with them too.  They took us to see an awesome stone Fortress (pictures on FB).  They have adopted Joel and he goes swimming most days with their son.  Joel loves it!!  Actually I think most of the guys here at the school have adopted Joel.   He has so many big brothers to hang with.  He is in his glory!  It is nice for me to not worry about him.  He is playing pool with someone or Monopoly or a Polish board game or....he is always hanging out with someone and having a good time.  Ethan has really taken to reading this summer.  It is so nice to see his love of books taking off!

We have made quite a few German friends.  Last night we had a cook-out with a few more couples.  It was nice to sit around and laugh with them.  We are more German then we know in fact we were told that by an American lady the other day...lol...We will take it as a compliment!!

Week 5 and 6 blend together.  We have fallen into a comfortable schedule.  Tomorrow we leave for Berlin for a week.  It is outreach week and we have students going all over the place to minister. Spain, Lebanon, Turkey, Poland, Czech Republic and here in Germany to name a few.  We will be helping YWAM put on a camp for the week.  We will lead workshops and hit the streets of Berlin to witness.  It is going to be a great time of applying what we have learned here to real life.  There are so many logistics to planning something like this so pray everything goes well for our group of 23.

I went to the Dresden Outreach last Saturday.  It was really amazing to see it.  Mike had gone the previous weeks.  We had everything set up under a huge tree in the middle of the park.  Many people come to hang out at the park on Saturdays.  We had some notecards where they could write down life things, for example I wish I knew....I would tell my younger self...ect.  It has been a great way to see into the lives of those we are trying to outreach.  We call it 'leave a message' tree and the cards get hung by string from the tree.  We also have a Brazilian giving free haircuts which brings people over.  We had tea and water to give out.  There is a drama team that performs and many other things going on.  We had a huge Samba circle that was amazing.  It was so fun to see and be apart of.  The Samba circle is where everyone gathers to play different kinds of drums.  There is one leader and he sets the rhythm for everyone else.  That really drew people over.  We had all kinds of people playing and dancing.  We were then able to share the gospel after we were done playing.  We are seeing many lives touched from this outreach.

We are excited to see some new doors opening up to us.  Doors we wouldn't have ever knocked on if we had not come to Germany.  I love looking back and seeing God's hand so faithfully direct our lives.  He is such a clever father.  He leads us into position where we can best fulfill his will for our lives.

My song/prayer for the last 2 weeks has been

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) Hillsong

You call me out upon the water the great unknown
where feet may fail and there I find You in the mystery.
In oceans deep my faith will stand
and I will call upon Your name.
I keep my eyes above the waves.
When oceans rise my Soul will rest in Your embrace
for I am Yours and You are mine.
Your grace abounds in deepest waters.
Your sovereign hand will be my guide.
Where feet may fail and fear surround me.
You've never failed and You won't start now.
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and
my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior.

I have held onto this song these last two weeks.  As I wrote in my last post God asked me if I trusted Him...I 'got back to Him' and told Him YES.  It was not an easy yes..even though I know He has never failed me...ever!!!! As soon as I told Him yes doors begin to open up fast and things are moving forward in our lives.

Keep us in your prayers we only have a few weeks left then we will be back in the states to finish raising support and working out details for our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment